A Tea Meditation has many benefits:
- It is a beautiful way to start your day (or is equally lovely at any other time)
- Brings peace and clarity to your moment
- Gives pleasure to the simpler things in life
- Helps you to recognise that you choose what you focus on
- Teaches you to set intention
- Rewards you with all the health benefits of your tea (1)
Tea Meditation does not have to be ritualistic. I personally find simplicity a perfect accompaniment to meditation. However, do give meditation your own personal touch. Add incense, soft music, ring a little bell to start and end your meditation… It really should be about whatever calms, clarifies and energises you, as long as the focus is on being completely present.